Being skinny is not an option in the age of protein shakes, structured bodies and pumped up muscles. A well built body symbolizes strength and attractiveness. Besides bone strength chest muscle build up is a prerequisite for attaining a well worked out structure. The chest muscles are the largest muscle group in the upper body, made up of pectoralis major and minor. For skinny ones building up the chest muscles is important as it corrects the posture and strengthens the upper body.
Pro-Tips for the Beginners
If you are skinny and you intend on strengthening the chest muscles here are a few pro-tips for you-
- Pushup- Start on all fours and align the hips with the shoulders. Regulate it with 3 sets, 10reps and 30 seconds rest
- Standing Cable flyes-Select a resistance and hold the pulleys above the head. Bend your foot towards the front and extend arms to the back till you feel a stretch on the chest. It strengthens the ligaments and tendons. Try 1 set of 20 reps
- Straight arm dumbbell pull over-Lie perpendicular up to the chest part on the bench. Hold up the dumbbell straight and move it up and down. Repeat 3 sets with 10 reps.
- Bodyweight Dip- This requires you to grab the bars and jump up and then lower your body to lean the torso forward. Get your shoulders below the elbow to complete the exercise. Practice 3 sets with 10 reps and 60 seconds rest.
- Seated chest press- Exhale as you push out the bars and inhale as you push in. Practice 1set of 15-20 reps it fosters whole body workout.
- Salmon, chocolate milk, eggs and quinoa are all calorie dense foods. They help in building up a stronger upper chest.
If you are a beginner start with a warm up to prevent burn out. Gradually take up core strength exercises by lifting heavy weights and increasing the intensity of the dumbbell presses. These exercises are sure to give you a chiseled look and well built up chest.