Desk jobs demands sitting and working with your files and computer all day. This often leads to obesity, body pain, cramps, etc. Doing light workouts every few hours can make a big difference. These are a few exercises that can be done in the corporate cubicle:
- Push-ups: You need not go down to the floor, put both your hands far apart on the edge of your desk. Lower down your body to the inclined plank position. Start with trying to touch the edge of your desk with your chest, and push it back up. Do this 5 to 10 times.
- Wall Sits: Find a wall and lay your back against. Slide down until your thighs are parallel to the ground, stay like that for 30 seconds and go back up. Repeat this 5 times.
- Stretching: Stand straight and join your hands together in front of your chest. Stretch them up, go right over your head and beyond. Breathe deeply and come back slowly.
- Air punches: Stand straight, legs apart. Fist tight, start punching in the air, when no one is around. Switch your hands, punch forward and upward. Go 10 punches each hand.
- Lunges: Now for some real leg work. Hands to your hips, step your right leg forward and lower down your hips to make a 90 degree angle. Stretch your left leg. Now do the same with the opposite leg. Do this 5 to 10 times.