Both the kettlebell and dumbbell are inanimate objects and are nothing more than a lump of cast metals. A kettlebell is not better than a dumbbell, nor is it worse. So truly, the difference lies is not in the bells respectively but they are used while exercising.
- Kettlebells are spherical in shape whereas dumbbells are round. Although both are circular in shape.
- The dumbbells typically have some surface type that allows you to have a grip on them more firmly which kettlebells do not have at all. Instead, have a smooth handle with just a hint of grittiness.
- One of the biggest differences between kettlebell and dumbbell is that the weight is unbalanced and offset. The handle of the kettlebell weighs much less than the ball of the kettlebell, whereas, on the other hand, dumbbells are balanced from end to end.
- You can only hold your dumbbells while performing your drills during the workout sessions. The offset weight of the kettlebell, combined with its large and curved handles allows you to hold in a variety of ways, as well as kettlebells can be gripped in many ways, and are not like dumbbells which do not have this advantage.
- The kettlebells are less incremental than the dumbbells for two reasons, first is the history of their emergence, and second is their commoditization in the market.
The kettlebells and dumbbells are both used for workout purpose and are available in the gym. They should be strictly used as per the proper guidance and instructions of the trainer. For, without any guidance, if it is used then you can get injured physically which might lead to serious health issues I the future.